Installation of Natlink/Vocola 2/Unimacro Stable, Python2.7
Here is the final release for Python 2.7: 4.2
- Download release 4.2.
- Only small changes after all the previous Beta releases.
- SendInput, written by Mark Lillibridge, is niw the default way for doing keystrokes
- introducing natlinkclipboard module in core directory (but still testing needed, never a stable release :-)))
- Unimacro _folders grammar now "remembers" sub folders, files and websites with a voice command.
- Works with Dragon 15, and also earlier versions.
- Works with Python 2.7.
- Use of Python 2.6 and before is discouraged, but for version 14 and lower, Python 2.6 still works.
- Earlier versions of Natlink are still found on SourceForge.
Next video is a bit outdated, but it gives an impression of the installation procedure:
- Download Python 2.7.14, needed for Natlink.
- This is a self-extracting zip file, with extension .exe.
- This is nearly the latest release of python 2.7.
- Or better, go to python download site, and download the Windows x86 MSI installer.
- Warning: Natlink does not work when you install a "64 bit" python version. So DO NOT USE the Windows x86-64 MSI installer.
- Install for all users, which is the default
- You now need to install four additional packages, pywin32, wxpython, six and future
- You can do this best via pip, please follow the pip instructions (pdf 147kb).
Download and install Natlink/Vocola 2/Unimacro
- Download the combined installer as given above.of
- Run the downloaded file.
- Install on C:\Natlink (or D:\Natlink or any other drive of your choice). Installing in "C:\Program files\Natlink" is NOT advised.
Directory layout after installation
When you installed at C:\Natlink you will get the following directory structure:
- Natlink and Vocola 2 are in C:\Natlink\Natlink,
- Unimacro is in C:\Natlink\Unimacro
- User defined grammars can be in any location, for example C:\NatlinkUserDirectory or C:\Natlink\UserDirectory.
- You can put your Dragonfly grammar files, python files, in this directory.
- Dragonfly should be installed separately.
- The core directory is C:\Natlink\Natlink\MacroSystem\core (the "controlling" Natlink files are located here)
- Internally the compiled Vocola 2 files will go in C:\Natlink\Natlink\MacroSystem.
- This is the baseDirectory of Natlink.
- Do not put anything else in this directory, although it will not prevent Natlink from functioning.
- In case you cannot find your configuration program (the GUI): it is located in C:\Natlink\Natlink\confignatlinkvocolaunimacro.
- The configuration (GUI) program is the file "configurenatlink.pyw".
- In order to run elevated mode, you should start the script start_configurenatlink.py in the same directory.
- Elevated mode is only needed the first time you run the configure program, and when you want to enable/disable Natlink or when you want to unregister or (re)register natlink.pyd.
- But... it does no harm to always start the config program in elevated mode.
Proceed with link("/installation/configuration.html", "the configuration")