Installation of Natlink/Vocola 2/Unimacro Experimental Release with Python 3
Vocola and Unimacro work well on the development branch but you are may come across the odd bug.
- Download and install the latest 3.8 32-bit Python from Python 3.8 latest version (Select "Add to path" install option, and "Install FOR ALL USERS". Save
yourself some grief and install it at the root of your c: drive, like c:\python38-32). If you already have a python 3.7 32 bit installation you can use that.
(At this time, do not create a https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/venv.html Virtual Environment. They do not work with Natlink.)
- Packages are now all in the dictation-toolbox in github. For packages that are not packaged for a pip install,
we recommend cloning the wanted repositories in one base directory, for example C:\DT
Instructions below install the source from GIT. Select a folder to host your natlink, unimacro, dragonfly, etc. Below the example is C:\DT but it can be anything.
- Exit dragon
- Download the source from GIT
- git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:dictation-toolbox/natlink.git (In your preferred directory eg C:\DT\Natlink. We will assume C:\DT in the instructions below. )
- If you want Unimacro: git clone email@example.com:dictation-toolbox/unimacro.git (into C:\DT\Unimacro)
- If you want Vocola: git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:dictation-toolbox/vocola2.git (into C:\DT\Vocola) (Vocola2 being the Vocola version for Dragon/Natlink)
- If you want the development branch of Dragonfly and Caster, clone from their git repositories. Otherwise install them using pip (see below).
- Install the python package prequisistes:
- Start menu -> cmd (Command prompt) and Run as administrator). Powershell also will work.
- Change directory to C:\DT\Natlink\ConfigureNatlink
- This will install the python prerequisites for natlink, vocola, and unimacro: pip install -r requirements.txt
- This will instal the prerequisites for caster and dragonfly. You can skip this when you install those with pip:
pip install -r caster_requirements.txt
Main install instructions, targeted to Caster (as given by LexiconCode):
- When you have no Command prompt yet: Start menu -> cmd (Command prompt) -> Run as Administrator
- Probably you can now go to: cd C:\DT\Natlink\ConfigureNatlink and run start_configurenatlink.py, by typing python start_configurenatlink.py.
- In the config GUI:
- Click enable Natlink
- Click enable UserDirectory
- Choose Caster directory as user directory
- Quit the GUI
- When the wxpython GUI window doesn't want to start: run the script natlinkconfigfunctions.py by typing python natlinkconfigfunctions.py (when you are already in elevated mode) or python start_natlinkconfigfunctions.py (elevation is asked for).
- In the natlinkconfigfunctions:
- press e (enable Natlink)
- sometimes you need r (reregister Natlink)
- press n caster_directory for enabling the UserDirectory and setting it to the Caster directory
- press q to quit
- Then restart dragon
- In some rare cases a reboot is required.
Vocola and Unimacro:
- In the config GUI or natlinkconfigfunctions.py (CLI) enable these packages. (With the CLI, type u for Usage).