Installation of Natlink/Vocola 2/Unimacro
Moving forward with test release 4.1whiskey3
- Download release 4.1whiskey3.
- A few fixes of Unimacro grammars.
- A change for the Unimacro grammar _folders: via the function getFolderFromLibraryName in natlinkcorefunctions the path of library folders, like Documents, Music or Dropbox can be retrieved.
- The configure program should now also start in Python2 when Python 3 is installed on the computer too.
- Moving on to future conversion into Python 3:
- Making as much string variables unicode instead of the obsolescing string type.
- Inivars module which handles the config files (.ini files) of natlinkstatus.py and Unimacro grammars now returns only unicode strings.
- Input into the Natlink pyd still is all string, so conversions are needed at that point.
- Works with Dragon 15, and also earlier versions.
- Works with Python 2.7.
- Use of Python 2.6 and before is discouraged, but for version 14 and lower, Python 2.6 still works.
- Earlier versions of Natlink are still found on SourceForge.
Next video is a bit outdated, but it gives an impression of the installation procedure:
- Or better, go to python download site, and download the Windows x86 MSI installer.
- Warning: Natlink does not work when you install a "64 bit" python version. So DO NOT USE the Windows x86-64 MSI installer.
- Install for all users, which is the default
- You now need to install four additional packages, pywin32, wxpython, six and future
- You can do this best via pip, please follow the pip instructions (pdf 131kb).
Download and install Natlink/Vocola 2/Unimacro
- Download the combined installer as given above.of
- Run the downloaded file.
- Install on C:\Natlink (or D:\Natlink or any other drive of your choice). Installing in "C:\Program files\Natlink" is NOT advised.
Directory layout after installation
When you installed at C:\Natlink you will get the following directory structure:
- Natlink and Vocola 2 are in C:\Natlink\Natlink,
- Unimacro is in C:\Natlink\Unimacro
- User defined grammars can be in any location, for example C:\NatlinkUserDirectory or C:\Natlink\UserDirectory.
- You can put your Dragonfly grammar files, python files, in this directory.
- Dragonfly should be installed separately.
- The core directory is C:\Natlink\Natlink\MacroSystem\core (the "controlling" Natlink files are located here)
- Internally the compiled Vocola 2 files will go in C:\Natlink\Natlink\MacroSystem.
- This is the baseDirectory of Natlink.
- Do not put anything else in this directory, although it will not prevent Natlink from functioning.
- In case you cannot find your configuration program (the GUI): it is located in C:\Natlink\Natlink\confignatlinkvocolaunimacro.
- The configuration (GUI) program is the file "configurenatlink.pyw".
- In order to run elevated mode, you should start the script start_configurenatlink.py in the same directory.
- Elevated mode is only needed the first time you run the configure program, and when you want to enable/disable Natlink or when you want to unregister or (re)register natlink.pyd.
- But... it does no harm to always start the config program in elevated mode.