The BRINGUP Unimacro shorthand command
Many BringUp's this way simply go through the AppBringUp execScript command of NaturallySpeaking.
So bringing up a new task like calc works this way.
BUT there is more: brought up tasks are remembered, so repeated switching just brings the previous task in focus.
For some applications that were started without the BRINGUP Unimacro shorthand command a new instance will be started. This new instance will subsequently be switched to repeatedly when called.
The BRINGUP Unimacro shorthand command is extensively used in the tasks grammar. Tasks you want to be able to call should be defined in the task.ini configuration file (opened by calling edit tasks). A sample:
pythonwin = pythonwin
idle = idle
calc = calc
calculator = calc
command = cmd
edit = edit
emacs = emacs
email = outlook
excel = excel
firefox = firefox
internet = iexplore
voice code = voicecode
voice coder = voicecode
word = winword
messages = messages
dragonpad = dragonpad
On the left-hand side are the spoken forms, sometimes for better recognizability.
- Note on this level also edit = uedit32 could be defined, but this tuning can also be done as described below. When doing it this way, the BRINGUP edit action can also be called from other places.
- Note also the windows explorer is not called here, because bringing up folders can better be done with the grammar folders.
Some of the applications (on the right hand side) need more tuning. This can be done in 2 levels:
1. Configuring through actions.ini
By calling edit actions you open this configuration file. A sample:
path = D:/emacs-21.3/bin/runemacs.exe
name = uedit32
name = natspeak
name = outlook
name = iexplore
path = C:\Python23\pythonw.exe
args = C:\Python23\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw
name = javaw
title = Java - Rational
args = -product com.ibm.rational.rad.product.v75.ide
path = C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\eclipse.exe
- The last example added by Jerome for Eclipse (apparently "Java" environment). The title does not act (yet). Should be worked at.
- Some programs (email, internet) can be configured by giving it the proper executable name (outlook, iexplore).
- Also for edit some suitable text editor can be defined (eg name = uedit32).
- Emacs needs the complete path, as it is not installed in one of the windows standard folders.
- The python IDE idle is a subprogram of pythonw (requiring the complete path here), having the argument in the variable args.
2. Configure in python: actions.py:
This is done presently for voicecode and for messages.
A variable voicecodeApp = 'emacs' is defined, and a special function def voicecodeBringUp().
These two ensure first emacs is brought up and after that the VoiceCode things are started (mediator, voicecode-mode), and the VoiceCode user is switched to.
This one has a special function def messageBringUp(), which brings the Messages from NatLink window to the front.