The Unimacro project
|NatLink, including Vocola, Unimacro and probably Dragonfly, works with all versions of Dragon, 14 not thoroughly tested though.|
|Voicecode can work but is not tested yet.|
|Please consider making a donation to Rüdiger Wilke, Mark Lillibridge and Quintijn Hoogenboom, who are closely cooperating in the efforts to keep NatLink/Vocola/Unimacro working with Dragons new releases.|
Unimacro provides extended and advanced command grammars for Dragon NaturallySpeaking (NatSpeak or Dragon).
Unimacro connects to the NatLink/NatPython project, which again connects to Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
So Unimacro is an extension of an extension of the speech recognition program Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
Unimacro is free, like NatLink/NatPython, and can be downloaded from SourceForge.
Unimacro also aims at unifying the different open source developments that use Natlink as basis. Therefore on this website
the combined installer for NatLink/Unimacro/
Vocola 2 is also presented.
Positioning of Unimacro
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking is a general speech recognition program, sold by Nuance.
- NatLink/NatPython is an open source project written by Joel Gould. His general introduction and explanation is several years old, but still very instructive.
Read for example the general presentation about
NatLink (basics). For a more thorough discussion, read the implementation_and_acceptance_of_natlink.pdf written by Joel Gould probably in 2001.
- Meant as a unifying set of grammars the Unimacro project was started. The grammars that are presented on this website all run inside NatLink/NatPython. In other words: they are in the NatLink system.
- Vocola 2 is another development running in the NatLink system. See pages on Vocola 2 and Unimacro, which to use when. Vocola 2 can now use Unimacro features. (Note for Windows Speech Recognition use can try Vocola 3.)
- VoiceCode is the third big application based on NatLink.
Read the VoiceCode (initial advice) presentation of Joel Gould, which he gave before the voicecode project started.
- As another application based on NatLink, Dragonfly has been developed in a more modern way. It is very powerful, and integration with Unimacro and Vocola 2 will be investigated. Dragonfly also works with Windows Speech Recognition!
What is on this site?
Some demonstration movies have been made, to show features of Unimacro.
A stable release: natlink4.0, for Dragon up to version 11, see installation pages for details. October, 2011
A beta release: natlink4.1oscar, for all versions of Dragon) (November 1, 2015)
Minor (extra test) release: 4.1papa (January 16, 2016)
see installation pages